The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 武清企业上市奖励500万元 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 一线城市楼市库存减少 存销比见顶回落 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 传购房契税节后调整 郑州房管局排长队堪比春运: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 建筑节能催生绿色建材产品大发展 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
Ladies and gentlemen, may I welcome you to the Bad Manners Awards 2016?
Play up being smarter than everyone, develop some obvious insecurities. Forget social skills if you happen to have any.
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
- 公积金贷款利率降至3.75% 部分观望者下决心购房
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Since Sunday, viewers everywhere have been in mourning, at least judging by the Twitterati.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
The December budget deal was hardly the kind of confidence-boosting agreement Washington has been debating for years. But at least it hit the pause button on the serial brinkmanship that threatened to derail the recovery each of the past three years.